workshop outline*GQA Accredited
The aim of this 1-day workshop has been designed to provide basic underpinning knowledge together with practical training for installers of the SL50 & SG50 Curtain Wall Systems and those who are involved in the installation process e.g. supervisors, site operatives, curtain wall fixers. The course is suitable for experienced installers who have not previously fitted AluK’s curtain walling, as well as those with limited experience. Knowledge of the aluminium window, door and curtain walling industry would particularly be beneficial but not essential.
The workshop will cover both the theoretical aspects of the SL50 & SG50 Curtain Wall System as well as the Installation principles of the curtain wall system in our dedicated training workshop. You will be using the AluK Technical Manual throughout the workshop to guide you through the different profiles, components, tooling and processes required to understand and install the SL50 & SG50 Curtain Wall Systems.
* This is a GQA Qualifications Ltd Accredited Course and there is a short end of course assessment to take to gain the GQA Certificate.
- Workshop Introduction
- The SL50 & SG50 Curtain Wall System range
- Glass and glazing
- Installation details
- Using the AluK Technical Manuals
- Quality Check
- SL50/SG50 Installation Processes
- Assessment [Multiple Choice Questionnaire]
By the end of this workshop those attending will be able to:
- Identify variants of the SL50 & SG50 Curtain Wall Systems within the AluK range
- Use the AluK Technical Manuals to identify profiles, hardware, accessories, assembly, fabrication and installation processes of the curtain wall systems
- Use safely tools, installation aids to install a SL50 & SG50 Curtain Wall Systems
- Install a SL50 & SG50 Curtain Wall System into a designated structure to AluK recommendations
- Provide a greater understanding of the installation process and provide the knowledge to ensure AluK’s SL50 & SG50 Curtain Wall Systems are installed correctly
What should you bring along?
- High visibility jacket
- Hard hat
- Safety glasses
- Steel toe cap shoes
- Safety gloves
Lunch will be provided [please notify of any dietary requirements]