workshop outline*GQA ACCREDITED
The aim of this 1-day workshop has been designed to provide basic underpinning knowledge together with practical training for installers of the Infinium Door Systems and those who are involved in the installation process e.g. window/door installers, site supervisors, site operatives. The course is suitable for experienced installers who have not previously fitted AluK’s Infinium Door Systems, as well as those with limited experience. Knowledge of the aluminium window, door and curtain walling industry would particularly be beneficial but not essential.
The workshop will cover both the theoretical aspects of the Infinium Door Systems as well as the Installation principles of the Infinium Door Systems in our dedicated training workshop. You will be using the AluK Technical Manual throughout the workshop to guide you through the different profiles, components, tooling and processes required to understand and install the Infinium Door System.
* This is a GQA Qualifications Ltd Accredited Course and there is a short end of course assessment to take to gain the GQA Certificate.
- Workshop Introduction
- The Infinium Door Systems range
- Glass and glazing Solutions
- Installation details
- Perimeter Seals
- Using the AluK Technical Manuals
- Installation Guide
- Quality Check
- Infinium Installation Processes
- Assessment [Multiple Choice Questionnaire]
By the end of this workshop those attending will be able to:
- Identify variants of the Infinium Door System within the AluK range
- Use the AluK Technical Manuals to identify profiles, hardware, accessories, assembly, fabrication and installation processes
- Use safely tools, installation aids to install an Infinium Sliding Door System
- Install an Infinium Door System into designated structure to AluK recommendations
- Provide a greater understanding of the installation process and provide the knowledge to ensure AluK’s Infinium Door Systems are installed correctly
What should you bring along?
- High visibility jacket
- Hard hat
- Safety glasses
- Steel toe cap shoes
- Safety gloves
Lunch will be provided [please notify of any dietary requirements]