workshop outline*GQA ACCREDITED
This 1-day workshop has been designed to provide awareness of the current Building Regulations regarding windows and doors. The course has been created for delegate[s] with no prior knowledge or minimal knowledge of the current Building Regulations. The workshop can also be useful as part of an introduction into the industry standards or as refresher course.
The aim of the day is to provide those attending with an understanding of the current Building
Regulations. The workshop will look at identifying the various “Parts” or Approved Documents [AD’s] that relate to the window and door sector.
We’ll introduce you to the various parts of the Building Regulations ranging from Structure, Fire safety and Ventilation, for example. We’ll start by giving you an overview of each Approved Document that relates to the Fenestration Industry.
While the workshop does not assume any prior knowledge of the Building Regulations, it provides value to users at a variety of levels. Novice and experienced attendees will become acquainted with the full scope of Approved Documents and how you can utilise the Building Regulations regarding new build, refurbishment and commercial works.
This is a GQA Qualifications Ltd Accredited Course and as such, you will be required to take a short end-of-course assessment to gain the GQA Certificate.
- Workshop Introduction
- Health & Safety Requirements
- Aims & Objectives
- R&D Facility Tour [Chepstow Venue Only]
- Introduction to Building Regulations
- Approved Document A – Structure
- Approved Document B – Fire safety
- Approved Document C – Site preparation and resistance to contaminates and moisture
- Approved Document E – Resistance to the passage of sound
- Approved Document F – Ventilation
- Approved Document J – Combustion appliances and fuel storage systems
- Approved Document K – Protection from falling, collision and impact
- Approved Document L1B – Conservation of fuel and power in existing dwellings
- Approved Document M – Access to and use of buildings
- Approved Document Q – Security – Dwellings
- Approved Document Regulation 7 – Materials and workmanship
- Workshop Summary / Points to Consider / Questions
By the end of this workshop those attending will be able to:
- Demonstrate an increased understanding of the current Building Regulations regarding Window & Door Systems
- Identify the different Parts of the Building Regulations.
- Understand the regulations in place when looking at specifying criteria for window and door products accordingly
- Demonstrate a broader knowledge of the Building Regulations and how to utilise the documents to achieve complete project packages to Building Regulations
What should you bring along?
- No PPE required
Lunch will be provided [please notify of any dietary requirements]